Investment Grade Senior Municipal Credit Research Analyst
January 23, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
January 23, 2017
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies is seeking a Municipal Credit Research Analyst to join our Municipal Investment Team within the Fixed Income Group. The Municipal Team manages in excess of $160 billion in assets. Their operating philosophy is to ‘add value through rigorous, thorough and independent analysis’. Our investment grade team is composed of senior research analysts, portfolio managers, traders working together to identify value in the marketplace and deliver that value to our shareholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the Fixed Income Group with coverage of credits in assigned sector (s). Utilizes the variety of resources available to monitor current developments affecting such credits/sectors; assesses and communicates their impact
- Makes timely and accurate assessments of current and projected credit quality of issuers.
- Collaborates with trading sector specialists to recommend the purchase and sale of securities in assigned coverage universe. Recommendations incorporate both views on credit fundamentals and relative value as appropriate.
- Contributes to strategic decision making by providing outlooks and actionable recommendations for investment in assigned sector (s).
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with portfolio managers, investment banks, issuers, rating agencies and fellow analysts.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree (finance, economics, public policy/government, political science) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CFA desired.
- A minimum eight years progressive analytical experience in the financial industry. Five years of research experience preferred.
- Proven track record of consistently adding value to investment portfolios through accurate credit opinions and investment recommendations.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, leadership and career advancement.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make prompt assessments of new information.