Investment Product Analyst
November 15, 2017
Toronto, ON, CA
November 15, 2017
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies seeks an Investment Product Analyst to support Vanguard ETFs and other investment products by participating in projects and analysis to further expand Vanguard’s presence in the investment product markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with maintaining the overall health of Vanguard ETFs and other investment products. Proactively reviews the health of funds (i.e. monitors & maintains dashboard). Monitors and assesses product health and collaborates with business partners & PRD to develop a list of potential product remedies and enhancements. Continuously analyzes industry product trends, positioning and pricing. Provides input on impact to clients and prospects. Constructs background data for memos to be presented to GIC/AIC and other business stakeholders prior to potential product changes.
- Contributes to the Americas PRD team’s data reporting, data research and data management capabilities with respect to both Vanguard and the investment industry. Synthesizes data from various information sources in order to generate reports originated and distributed by Americas PRD, including, but not limited to: industry assets and cashflow report, ETF comparison reports, and customized reports for management. Serves as a resource to direct inquiries, including those submitted through the PRD database. Identifies opportunities to create and design new reports or databases.
- Delivers ad-hoc analysis for Sales on fund and benchmark issues by determining relationships between data sets and converting data into proprietary information. Produces balanced decision ready support and recommendations. Provides support efforts on education, competitive intelligence, positioning/messaging strategies, product collateral and presentations.
- Works with Sales and Marketing to assist in the development and implementation of marketing material that will support the awareness, understanding and growth of Vanguard funds.
- Assists with client / Sales requests and in formulating analysis for conference calls and presentations. Contributes to the development of presentations on key topics related to Vanguard funds and the industry. Supports creation of product commentary on key topics (performance composition, etc.).
- Manages the Americas PRD dashboard by regularly aggregating team goals and measures. Assists in the development of strategic planning for the Americas PRD team.
- Develops a strong understanding of Vanguard funds, their underlying benchmarks, and the competitive landscape.
- Takes personal ownership of ongoing development focused on investment/fund analysis skills and presentation skills. Continually develops knowledge of investment industry, competitors, funds and related investment topics. Maintains awareness of industry developments which may impact Vanguard. Regularly presents investment topics to PRD and other internal crew.
- Assists with projects related to new product development and implementation, and current product changes or enhancements.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Commerce, Finance, or Economics preferred). Progress toward CFA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of three years of financial services experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills.
- Broad understanding of Vanguard’s business and the investment industry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Unquestioned integrity and ability to handle highly confidential material
Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.