Technology Leadership Program – Technology Operations – PA
Malvern, PA, US
August 3, 2017
Our past achievements have seen Vanguard place 15th in the ‘InformationWeek 500’, the magazine’s annual list of top IT innovators, and rank 10th in Computerworld magazine’s ‘2017 Best Places to Work in IT’. TLP is ideal for individuals interested in developing leadership skills that will help Vanguard continue their success in the field of Information Technology. The program is designed for individuals who wish to mentor and coach those specialists who help Vanguard maximize the benefits of technology.
The TLP Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP) is a two year rotational development program available to graduating college seniors who are ready to enter the business world, and eager to develop their technical expertise in Technology Operations. The program consists of three, eight month rotations. You will apply your skills and technical knowledge to successfully meet outlined objectives, gain exposure to a variety of aspects of infrastructure life cycle, experience data center operations, and have a positive impact on our clients.
Assignments could include:
- Infrastructure Operations Specialist
- End User Computing Specialist
- Network Engineering
- Enterprise architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Project Management
- Unix, Linux, Windows Administrator
Participants will build their skills using some of the latest technology, including:
- Platforms/Servers: zOS, Solaris, Windows, Linux, Web, Mobile apps (iOS, Android).
- Languages/Tools: Python, PowerShell, Subversion, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence, Git.
- Concepts: Distributed systems, Data Driven decision making, Service Oriented Architecture, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Agile software development, Kanban, LEAN methodology.
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
Graduation from the program is contingent upon successful completion of all rotations and outlined objectives. After successful completion of the program, past TLP graduates have been exposed to exciting enterprise initiatives such as:
- Global Portfolio Management: construction and performance analytics
- Investor technology: trading tools and financial advice modeling
- Internal systems: intranet content management and vendor systems integration
- Technical leadership: security, cloud-based computing, innovation and research
- Data center infrastructure: operations, network, OS administration and end-user services
- Project Management
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Side by side training led by industry experts.
- Coaching and mentoring provided by our IT and HR Leadership team.
- Contributions to high-profile projects and exposure to diverse departments.
- Customized launching assignments in various IT roles throughout the division.
- Focus on developing a technical foundation, business acumen, and leadership skills.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Good investigation and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Comfort with a highly visible, fast-paced, and demanding program.
- Initiative, professional presence and strong desire to learn.
This program is available in both PA and NC. For PA participants, students may select the Application Development, Security and Fraud, or Technology Operations track. For NC participants, all rotations will take place in Application Development and Technology Operations.
Chat live with a Vanguard IT recruiter on Thursdays a 12pm ET. Click the following link to sign up! http://bit.ly/2mhNEWv
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.