Client Service Administrator, Institutional Sales
August 11, 2017
Toronto, ON, CA
August 11, 2017
The Client Service Administrator will coordinate and deliver day to day service support to Vanguard Canada’s Institutional clients assuring compliance with client requirements, internal policies and procedures and the appropriate regulatory framework. The Client Service Administrator will also support the development of the Institutional business working with clients, third parties and business units to manage growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops an understanding of client’s immediate and long term needs in order to efficiently plan and deliver services focused on client needs. Works with Vanguard teams & partners to ensure that all client queries are responded to within defined service levels and in line with Vanguard standards.
- Communicates effectively with clients and third parties keeping them informed of change/issues etc. Understands client needs, expectations and behaviors and provides the appropriate materials/responses to meet those needs.
- Understands evolving needs of clients. Analyses and resolves complex client issues and guides others to manage similar situations. Acts as an escalation point for operational and service issues and further escalates as appropriate.
- Works with the team to ensure that policies and procedures are documented and followed and that key business unit indicators are met.
- Assists with onboarding new clients. Assists Sales in ensuring that prospective clients have all of the necessary forms to be filled out to ensure proper and timely funding. Acts as a subject matter expert for Sales when it comes to documentation, registration requirements, operational issues, and account assignment.
- Supports the Sales Executive in activities such as meeting follow up, client/prospect inquiries, meeting scheduling, prospecting activities (research, qualifying, etc.) and attendance at industry/client events (conferences, seminars, etc.), if needed.
- Acts as the team lead for the issues management process, risk assessment framework or for similar oversight projects. Suggests and implements systematic solutions and controls across the team.
- Manages client data for internal record-keeping purposes. Monitors the logging and turnaround times on client documents managed by the team.
- Monitors key team metrics and controls and reports findings to team managers. Supports management information requirements.
- Participates in special projects, including cross-functional teams/initiatives and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum two years financial services industry experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations while traveling for business.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills, sound business judgment and decision making.
Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.