Quantitative Equity Analyst
August 16, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
August 16, 2017
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Equity Analyst to support Senior Analysts with equity investment analysis and quantitative modeling for the Quantitative Equity Group / Active Equity Investment Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of Senior Quantitative Equity Analysts (SQEA) to acquire and analyze data for use in equity research projects.
- Understands and develops time-series and cross-section methods to evaluate financial data and investment models.
- Extracts and validates historical financial data with other private and public sources to ensure data accuracy and quality.
- Assist SQEAs in building quantitative equity models and enhancing existing models.
- Develops scripts using MarketQA, Matlab and SQL to support equity research initiatives.
- Analyzes ongoing research through backtesting investment strategies and portfolio simulations.
- Presents analysis and research results to SQEAs and senior research team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
- CFA designation (or progress towards) strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years general work experience and one year industry experience.
- A solid understanding of quantitative analysis with some statistical knowledge.
- Ability to understand financial statements and investment terminology.
- General programming experience, financial or mathematical programming is preferred.
- Attention to detail required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.