Tax & Wealth Planning Specialist
Malvern, PA, US
August 17, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides financial and income tax planning consultations to a wide spectrum of Personal Advisor Service clients and prospects. Develops an understanding of the client’s financial situation and future needs through analysis of their current financial condition. Works with the clients’ other advisors to coordinate and ensure consistent delivery of financial planning services. Topics for consultation would include, but are not limited to: General Principles of Finance and Financial Planning, Insurance, Employee Benefits, Investments, Income tax, Estate, and Retirement planning.
2. Understands and analyzes client’s circumstances and objectives, reviews client’s estate wealth planning documents (estate planning, income tax, and other related documents) and makes appropriate recommendations. Educates client with respect to wealth planning matters.
3. Assists in developing financial planning methodology and market positioning for PAS advisors and offer.
4. Articulates technical concepts in an understandable way. Documents and provides subsequent communications to Personal Advisor Service clients and internal business partners.
5. Serves as a departmental subject matter expert on income tax and financial planning. Supports internal financial advisors on their client’s financial planning needs and provides guidance on the most complex issues. Provides proactive subject matter expertise to department through training, distribution of relevant articles and literature, and various other forums. Contributes to external positioning regarding financial planning matters on vanguard.com, blog articles, new articles, etc.
6. Maintains an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures. Maintains in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance-related discipline. Masters in Taxation or Juris Doctorate or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive financial planning and income tax planning experience, including working with ultra high net worth clientele.
- CFP(R) required.
- Proven ability to practice discretion in confidential matters.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with clients and other crew members at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of Vanguard funds in addition to the mutual fund industry in general preferred.
- Excellent writing, speaking and client relationship skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.