MBA Development Program – Investment Management – PA
Malvern, PA, US
August 17, 2017
In this highly visible rotational program, you’ll have the opportunity to build in depth knowledge of our investment management function and be an active and valuable contributor. Program participants learn one-on-one from world-class investment professionals and are exposed to the breadth and depth of our global investment, corporate strategy, and investment strategy teams. They will have a direct impact on clients’ wealth and a chance to contribute to the most integral function at Vanguard. If you’ve got a passion to know more about investing and a desire to be at the core of Vanguard’s global success, this program may be the next best step in your career.
About the program
Program participants will use conceptual thinking, problem solving and research skills during high-impact assignments over three 5 month rotations. Some examples of where past participants have rotated include the following departments:
- Quantitative Equity Group
- Fixed Income Group
- Investment Strategy Group
- Portfolio Review Department
- Corporate Strategy
- Credit Research
During these rotations, you’ll conduct research and analyze highly complex data to derive key insights, resolve issues, and identify opportunities for the business and Vanguard. Past program participants have launched into roles including some of the following:
- Trader, Fixed Income Group
- Senior Investment Analyst, Equity Investment Group
- Product Manager, Portfolio Review
- Investment Research Manager, Investment Strategy Group
- Senior Research Associate, Credit Research
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Mentoring relationships with members of senior management.
- Exposure to diverse departments and challenging assignments.
- Opportunities to apply conceptual thinking, leadership impact and strategic agility.
- Ongoing training opportunities that align with each rotational assignment.
- Rigorous coaching and development from Vanguard’s key executives.
- Access to an intimate alumni network of nearly 75 past program participants.
- An undergraduate degree and MBA are required.
- Minimum five years of prior work experience; 5-8 years of prior work experience preferred, including relevant exposure to investment management, strategy, consulting or business analytics.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of challenges.
- Deep curiosity and interest in investment management, Vanguard’s investment philosophy, and global leadership.
- Demonstrated agility in learning.
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to work with peers and leaders in a matrix environment.
- Strong communication, impact, and influence skills; ability to effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally.
- For investment management track, CFA, or progress towards CFA, highly preferred but not required.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.