Senior Analyst, Compensation
Malvern, PA, US
August 18, 2017
In this role, you will work with the broader compensation team on high-priority analytical projects and initiatives, including but not limited to: executive compensation, broad-based compensation, job design and grading, business transformations, benchmarking, and annual compensation process.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years related experience, inclusive of experience in compensation programs and how they relate to broader HR policies and processes. This role will be tasked with conducting complex quantitative analyses, primarily using Excel, while also managing multi-stakeholder project plans. The ideal candidate will demonstrate attention to details, with the ability to communicate complex topics in simple terms, both verbally and in written format.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manages Total Rewards initiatives that span across base pay, sales and incentives, executive compensation and Vanguard’s overall total rewards philosophy for the enterprise. Includes daily collaboration with compensation, benefits, and broader HR colleagues both in the US and internationally.
- Conducts compensation benchmarking and manages surveys to support competitive analysis of compensation programs within the industry to ensure that Vanguard’s compensation is in line with the overall total rewards philosophy. Performs trend analysis and industry best practices research to support enterprise decision making. Generates in-depth benchmarking reports and analysis to provide compensation recommendations to HR leadership and senior management.
- Manages compensation work related to Vanguard’s end-to-end hiring and recruitment process including recommendations on compensation offer options.
- Supports the design and development of remuneration reports and white papers as needed, including the preparation of annual pay reports for the Board of Directors.
- Supports the year-end bonus and merit process. Includes: evaluating potential adjustments to crew pay, forecasting and planning, designing and developing remuneration costing models for senior leadership to aid in decision-making, responding to questions and providing guidance and consultation to leaders throughout the year-end process.
- Supports the administration of compensation programs (i.e., deferred compensation) which includes generating communications and personal statements and producing financial statements.
- Provides direct support to leadership (including Sr. Staff & MD-1s) on compensation questions/issues and present to leadership, as needed.
- Performs research as needed to support the Compensation team in solving complex compensation-related issues.
- Assists with the development and implementation of crew communications and training on access to key total rewards information.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of three to five years experience.
- Knowledge of compensation programs and broader HR policies and processes.
- Knowledge of compensation governance, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide data and updates on complex topics in simple, easy to understand terms.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information.
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.