Payroll Compliance Administrator
November 29, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
November 29, 2017
To administer Expatriate, Executives, and International Payroll programs. To oversee the Banking and Confirm processes while also participating on Compliance projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits, analyzes, identifies, and adjusts inconsistencies between the Payroll and General Ledger systems and interfaces. Identifies, develops and implements audit procedures for enhancing productivity within the payroll department.
- Completes assigned International Payroll administration and reconciliations in accordance with communicated deadlines. Researches, resolves and documents reconciling items, then approves and submits to vendor. Reviews International Payrolls for systemic problems and prepares action plans for resolution.
- Administers all payroll related aspects of the Expatriate administration process, including making appropriate decisions with regards to how and when to distribute payments and differentials for Crew working in foreign countries to ensure receipt on paydays. Designs, develops and modifies Excel spreadsheets to accommodate the Expatriate payments to provide an efficient method for reconciling payments such as, COLA, Housing Allowance, Equalization payments, etc. Ensures that all information is accurately set up with vendor. Reconciles all information provided by vendor. Recommends actions for improvement.
- Collects, creates and distributes daily banking reports while gaining an extensive knowledge of banking related to Payroll.
- Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality. Identifies trends and reports findings to management incorporating Vanguard’s Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) methodology’s.
- Documents all projects and assignments and provides accurate and timely updates to management team and/or department. Maintains accurate and detailed records on a variety of databases and spreadsheets. Follows up on assigned areas of project to ensure adherence to timeline.
- Administers Global Reporting for all Directors’ payments with relationship to their compensation plan.
- Establishes and maintains written procedures documenting all compliance and project processes. Controls the distribution of updated policy and procedures to the department. Develops objective measures of department performance on important compliance issues. Report required data for the International Dashboard for distribution to Payroll Management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred)
- Minimum of two years previous payroll administration experience is preferred.
- A basic knowledge of FLSA laws and related state regulations and guidelines.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- A broad knowledge of PCs with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications such as WORD, ACCESS and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical ability, research and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.