Associate Counsel, Corporate & Commercial Transactions
Malvern, PA, US
August 28, 2017
Vanguard’s Legal & Compliance Division addresses a wide range of complex and compelling legal and compliance issues. To support its growing business, Vanguard is seeking an attorney in its Corporate & Commercial Transactions Group. The position is responsible for a broad portfolio of commercial legal matters and offers substantial opportunity for long-term growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in support of Vanguard’s divisions, including Information Technology, Strategy and Finance, Investment Management, Institutional Investors Group, Financial Advisor Services, Retail Investor Group, and International
- Working in concert with Vanguard’s Enterprise Supply Management
- Collaborating with internal clients and legal colleagues in various jurisdictions to determine and implement key negotiation strategies and positions
- Advising internal clients on contractual disputes and legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements to ensure compliance
- Providing proactive advice to internal clients on an array of strategic, financial and business initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 – 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with commercial, technology and licensing agreements preferred
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials
- Excellent judgment, counseling, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to balance business and legal needs and manage multiple projects at one time
- Leadership abilities coupled with strong personal accountability and initiative
Candidates must share Vanguard’s core values, including unmatched ethical standards and client service, strong work ethic, and ‘can-do’ attitude. Candidates must foster a team environment by building collaborative, trusting relationships and advancing the development and success of others.
Candidates must be skilled at successfully collaborating with, enabling, working through, and influencing legal colleagues, in-house corporate partners, and business clients at all levels, including senior management.
Vanguard does not provide visa sponsorship for this position.