Vanguard Accelerated Development Program (VADP)
Malvern, PA, US
August 30, 2017
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Completes company-wide rotations, demonstrating an ability to assimilate into each area, understand the objectives of the assignments and specific departments, achieve rotation objectives, and take ownership and accountability for all projects and assignments.
2. Develops a broad understanding of the Vanguard Divisions, strategies, and initiatives.
3. Demonstrates accountability for issues by accepting ownership throughout the problem resolution process.
4. Takes ownership of personal and professional development through: participation in program initiated meetings and projects, attending all training sessions required by the program or rotational assignments and creating and maintaining a personal plan to track development and accomplishments throughout the year.
5. Navigates the organization by securing a comprehensive network of business contacts that can be leveraged to complete assigned tasks.
6. Demonstrates high quality service to all client inquiries, including internal and/or external clients, by providing thorough and accurate information in a timely manner. Utilizes excellent CRM skills to establish effective and productive relationships in order to gain and maintain trust and respect. Effectively positions and cross-sells appropriate Vanguard products and services when applicable.
7. Utilizes appropriate tools to arrange, manipulate, and present data in a way that enables solid decision making for the business. Makes recommendations based on the data when appropriate.
8. Demonstrates proficiency and a thorough knowledge of Vanguard’s investment methodology, policies, procedures, marketplace, and all relevant systems to complete projects as assigned.
9. Participates in projects. Works with various stakeholders to determine scope, gather requirements and data, recommend and implement solutions. Works with appropriate parties to plan, schedule, coordinate and manage business activities required to deliver project solutions.
10. Demonstrates leadership competencies and strengths in rotational and programmatic experiences.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to obtain FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong professional demeanor to effectively interact with internal crew, prospects, shareholders and management.
- Exceptional organizational agility and attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Flexibility, strong decision making skills and effective time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail under tight time constraints.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
Ability to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Given the nature and benefits of the program, VADP is designed to give the greatest developmental impact to crew members who have limited related work experience.