Data Management Supervisor – FAS
Malvern, PA, US
August 31, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages a team of data resources by providing guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
2. Builds a deep knowledge base of FAS data repositories and serves as a subject matter expert regarding data quality and data operations across all FAS data sets (sales, marketing, operations, web, and third party data sets).
3. Manages the ongoing operational data tasks and intake process for all new data related requests; gathers requirements, develops the execution plan, sets deadlines, assigns resources, and communicates effectively with business partners and data consumers.
4. Leads the FAS data quality management process; oversees the process and supervises crew responsible for ongoing client support, ad hoc data requests, and ongoing identification and resolution of data quality issues. Provides consultation and technical engagement as needed.
5. Leads the FAS data operations management process; oversees the process and supervises crew responsible for strategic data projects, CRM administration, and third party operations. Provides consultation and technical engagement as needed.
6. Engages in strategic data projects to enhance the data governance and quality programs; collaborates with other resources (IT, Business Planning & Initiatives, Sales Channels, Marketing, MFA, etc.) as necessary to implement enhancements.
7. Provides guidelines, procedures, best practices, and consultation for crew to perform the operational components of the data quality and data operations functions; assists in the development and documentation of policies and processes needed to strongly govern FAS data sets.
8. Stays abreast of trends, products, and the overall industry landscape relating to data services, data products, and technologies. Partners with Data & Analytics crew and other constituents to evaluate and propose new services, products, and technologies.
9. Develops and maintains operational metrics for data quality and data operations. Continuously monitors metrics to identify potential issues and process improvement initiatives; presents to FAS leadership as needed.
10. Maintains strong collaborative relationships and alignment with relevant strategic partners across the enterprise for matters relating to data quality and data operations. Examples include Enterprise Data Governance & Privacy, Enterprise Risk Management, Institutional and International divisions, as well as internal partners within FAS.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years general business experience, with experience in data quality and data operations (or similar role) preferred.
- Proven decision making skills and strong interpersonal skills; previous people leadership experience a plus.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management.
- Working knowledge of data repositories, data tools, applications, and technologies strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to prioritize intake process, delegate, and oversee execution.
- Project management skills and experience (estimating, scheduling, controlling), and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Professional presence to interact with all levels of management, sales executives, and business partners.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.
- Good business judgment and ability to quickly prioritize critical initiatives.
- This Data Management Supervisor position will be located in PA and focused on the data quality and operations programs for marketing and client offer.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.