Senior Executive Compensation Consultant
Malvern, PA, US
February 20, 2018
In this role, you will act as internal advisor and subject matter expert for Vanguard’s senior leaders across all aspects of executive compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively consult with Vanguard’s leaders and key stakeholders to ensure the attraction, retention, and appropriate level of compensation for Vanguard’s executives throughout the year and during the year-end compensation process.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the design, operation, administration, and governance of Vanguard’s global executive compensation programs.
- Responsible for the design and development of Total Rewards materials and supporting analyses for Vanguard’s Board of Directors.
- Lead the compensation process for external executive hires including delivering advice and recommendations on candidate remuneration.
- Develop compensation models and provide analyses in support of the Total Rewards team, senior leaders, and stakeholders.
- Manage executive benchmarking and methodology to ensure alignment with Vanguard’s executive compensation philosophy. Generate benchmarking analyses and reports, as needed.
- Keep informed of trends in executive compensation and advise senior leadership as needed on marketplace and regulatory developments and their applicability to Vanguard.
- Collaborate globally with Human Resources, Finance, Legal & Compliance, Technology, and other internal stakeholders.
- Support technology projects involving executive compensation data and processes.
- Lead and/or perform other related activities as necessary.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of compensation experience, preferably with at least two years of familiarity with executive pay practices.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, analytical ability, and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex topics in simple, easy to understand terms.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including the ability to effectively work independently and manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience developing and implementing compensation programs, policies, and procedures preferred
- Experience working with senior leadership preferred
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.