Head of Information Technology & Security Divisional Planning
Malvern, PA, US
October 3, 2017
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Partners with the CIO in providing technology vision and direction for the enterprise.
2. Is responsible for driving focus and prioritization within the IT organization through establishing strategic planning and governance and accountability principles and processes.
3. Manages the team of people who make up the office of the CIO. Oversee IT&S workforce management including the sourcing, training and development of staff.
4. Oversees the development and maintenance of IT&S policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance – as well as performance management frameworks and metrics – to ensure the IT &S organization delivers value to the enterprise.
5. Works with the CIO and business leadership team, providing broad insight to IT&S domains and capabilities in support of enterprise-wide business decisions.
6. Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of enterprise IT&S. Establishes and implements continuous improvement programs for the IT&S organization.
7. Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the IT&S organization and the user and customer communities.
8. Is responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of budgets for the IT&S division. Regularly reviews IT&S cost of running IT&S and cost structures for IT&S services and products so that the financial implications of IT&S projects and activities are communicated to the proper IT&S and business executives.
9. Directs risk evaluation and compliance management processes.
10. Responsible for developing and managing strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
11. Oversees the execution of high-impact, enterprise-wide, strategic programs or initiatives.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years work experience in IT&S and business/industry.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years leadership experience.
- General experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility.
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype.
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery and information management across IT&S.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.