Senior Investment Risk Manager, Equity Index Group
Malvern, PA, US
October 3, 2017
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a self-directed candidate with excellent quantitative and communication skills, a passion for markets, buy-side risk management experience, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Solid working knowledge of equity risk models and construction as applied to equity index products is a requirement for this position. Ability to contribute to the development of robust risk management framework & analytics. The role provides the successful candidate with opportunities to develop & quickly assume more responsibility within a rapidly changing & growing department.
- To provide investment risk management leadership, expertise and analysis across index equity funds in a global environment as part of the front office Risk Management Group (RMG).
- Identify, quantify & communicate portfolio’s key risks to the portfolio management team & senior leaders.
- Leads the investment risk team to work closely with portfolio management teams to influence and add value to the investment process by applying analytical insight, judgment and experience to evaluate risk and performance of funds.
- Creates a positive atmosphere and achieves high levels of colleague engagement. Leads staff in the development of specialized investment risk management, performance analysis and other analytical skills that raise the capabilities of the investment risk team. Develops a pipeline of future leaders.
- Provides thought leadership to improve the investment process and publishes value added research and insights. Uses a variety of analytical resources to develop and enhance existing risk-return analysis, including performance attribution, multifactor risk models, optimization, and stress testing.
- Uses expertise and judgement to think critically about broad range of potential investment risks for both existing funds and new product assessments. Develops clear, actionable insights to influence the investment management process and enhance risk-adjusted
- Play key role in the development, implementation, & interpretation of risk & performance attribution analytics based on equity risk models (both third party and custom).
- Contribute to development of a robust risk management framework specific to the firm’s products & clients.
- Support & contribute to development of ad-hoc analysis, risk analytics, & reporting for EIG or to meet firm’s regulatory requirements.
- Provide insights around drivers of risk & return in global equity markets.
- Represents RMG to internal and external clients.
- Minimum 8 years experience in an equity analytics, quantitative, or investment risk management role.
- Must have experience with equity index portfolio or risk management specifically.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with equity risk models, especially risk & performance attribution.
- Intellectually curious, self-directed, & possesses strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead development & implementation of new analytics; demonstrated time/project mgmt. skills.
- Proven self-starter with ability to work independently as well as lead teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact and build effective working relationships with peers and senior management.
- Programming: R, Matlab, SQL, VBA, or related programming languages highly desirable.
- FRM or other risk-related designation a plus.