Senior Marketing Manager, Ultra High Net Worth Business
October 19, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
October 19, 2017
To lead relationships both internally and externally while impacting program-level initiatives across Vanguard. To act as an advocate for business partners, marketing teammates and the end user/investor. This role in particular will be the key relationship lead between Retail Marketing and the Ultra High Net Worth business and will lead marketing and communication strategy for that segment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates marketing plans by translating business objectives into defined marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that project teams and agency resources receive accurate direction. Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions. Partners with Project Lead to deliver large and complex marketing initiatives that are aligned to major corporate initiatives.
- Leads in problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and marketing strategy. Understands and communicates the risks and impacts of proposed marketing strategies and how they impact our clients, our institutional business partners, our crew and our company. Applies productive questioning skills to understand business goals and assesses information to uncover ways to deliver effective and efficient solutions to major business challenges. Anticipates problems and takes action to keep projects on track.
- Ensures that internal and external business partners and marketing teammates understand all aspects of marketing plans. Updates business partners and senior management throughout the planning and development life cycle of major initiatives and partners with project managers to communicate updates within marketing. Periodically prepares and delivers formal presentations to external clients and partners to keep them informed about marketing plans and provides program results. Represents Vanguard and the client at public events.
- Serves as an advocate for our external business partners, internal clients and for Marketing and Communications and balances the relationship among all parties. Integrates the work of internal creative resources, external advertising and public relations resources. Ensures that the right solution is developed for our partners and manages the prioritization of projects and resources to achieve desired results. Manages external relationships and maintains relationships with marketing peers in other divisions to facilitate knowledge sharing and to serve as a marketing leader and expert for the company.
- Presents alternate solutions when challenged with obstacles. Understands how to approach problems from different angles and presents alternate solutions when challenged with obstacles. Works effectively with different teams or different approaches to achieve desired results.
- Provides oversight of sizable marketing budgets. Develops annual budgets, forecasts monthly spending, administers the procurement of media and services and reconciles budgets against actual expenses. Negotiates with vendors to obtain optimal pricing for media or other production services.
- Serves as a leader for Marketing, and represents the Marketing department to our business partners and corporate leaders. Takes the initiative to maintain an active and visible presence within division and develops strong relationships with senior management. Models unquestionable ethics and integrity, energizes, inspires, and coaches others, represents Vanguard well both internally and externally. Leads change within both marketing and across the corporation. Builds consensus for our business partners’ objectives and our marketing plans.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of our business, clients and competitors and effectively applies this knowledge to enhance planning effectiveness. Maintains strong relationships with partners in Client Insight (CI), and expert knowledge of available resources. Serves as a recognized expert in both Marketing and investing.
- Participates in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general experience and five years of industry experience.
- Marketing or business strategy experience preferred.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functions.
- Ability to present effectively to senior leadership.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Responsible for marketing budgets.