Intermediary Field Sales Executive – Territory: Montreal
October 20, 2017
Montreal, QC, CA
October 20, 2017
Vanguard, one of the world’s leading investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, is seeking a Field Sales Executive to be primarily responsible for developing the ETF’s new business and managing relationships with key distribution channels at Canada. As a Sales Executive, you will increase the market share of these products through a consultative sales approach that consists of face-to-face, group presentations, and attendance at regional industry conferences and targeted national level. This position will be based in Montreal.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develops, maintains and broadens relationships with Investment Advisors and Portfolio Managers by thoroughly understanding their business and investment philosophy and dynamics while acting as a trusted adviser/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services.
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals within the spirit of Vanguard’s Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard’s ETFs and related services and delivers key Vanguard messages through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to; cold-calling, direct mail campaigns, face-to-face meetings, client seminars, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted adviser to client and prospective clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Leads/participates in other projects/duties as required.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- MUST be fully bilingual (English / French)
- The ability to travel 80%+.
- Minimum five years financial services industry and sales experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- Travel of 80%+ required.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.