Malvern, PA, US
October 27, 2017
In this role, you will work with the broader compensation team on high-priority compensation projects and initiatives, and ultimately act as a trusted advisor and the primary compensation point of contact for divisional senior leadership team(s). In addition, you’ll work with the compensation team to drive global compensation processes including benchmarking, pay analysis, and annual bonus and merit planning and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
–Manage the consistent implementation of a base compensation framework including salary ranges and merit guidelines in alignment with global job design and grading frameworks.
–Support collaborations with the Sales & Incentives Compensation Lead, Executive Compensation Lead, and Benefits Lead to ensure that all compensation packages are competitive with benchmarks and in line with Vanguard’s overall total rewards philosophy.
–Manage the compensation relationship for a particular client group with crew presence in multiple regions. Serve as a single point of contact for the Managing Director of the division.
–Conduct compensation bench marking and manage surveys to support competitive analysis of compensation programs within the industry. Perform trend analysis and industry best practices research to support enterprise decision making.
–Perform research as needed to support the Compensation Lead in solving complex compensation related issues within the business.
–Evaluate and make recommendations on selected business changes requiring analysis (e.g., rates for new hires, specialized programs, transformations, etc.).
–Support managers and HRBPs in performing the annual salary review process and evaluating potential adjustments to crew pay.
-Coordinate with the Crew Central Support Center Lead to ensure manager and crew self-service to key compensation information to support robust decision making.
–Assist with the development and implementation of crew communications and training on access to key total rewards information.
-Coordinate with the Compensation Lead and Regional Total Rewards Specialists to ensure consistency in applying compensation policies globally.
–Serve as an inquiry escalation point for the Crew Central Total Rewards Specialists regarding compensation related issues.
–Evaluate and approve crew data changes related to the payroll accrual process.
–Leads and/or performs other related activities as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum five years general experience consisting of specific compensation experience, (preferably with two years compensation management experience from which was attained a familiarity with executive pay practices).
- Experience developing and implementing compensation programs, policies and procedures preferred
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Experience working in a global organization preferredKnowledge of HR policies and processes
- Knowledge of compensation programs
- Knowledge of compensation governance, compliance and reporting requirements
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Proven teamwork capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.