Fund Financial Analyst – Corporate Actions
Malvern, PA, US
November 2, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical knowledge and expertise in processing of corporate actions, dividends, and Class Action filings. Maintains control and oversight responsibilities for ensuring processing and other deliverables are completed timely and accurately. Oversees the resolution of cash and assets reconciliation items related to corporate action entitlements.
- Maintains a comprehensive conceptual understanding of the funds and securities as assigned. Creates, maintains and assists associates in the creation and maintenance of comprehensive documentation of all current procedures. Adheres to various control standards to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures. Understands and mitigates unit’s business risks.
- Independently resolves problems and exercises judgment in decision making and elevating material issues. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business partners and clients. Anticipates client needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Serves as a resource to the department and willingly shares expertise. Is cross-trained and able to provide coverage as needed. Supports continued crew development by serving as a resource for professional growth and training. Assists, oversees, and reviews the work of associates and/or peers on the team.
- Promotes a team atmosphere in the department and Vanguard as a whole. Fosters a “Vanguard-global” attitude. Encourages crew to provide ideas and feedback. Maintains a refined and professional demeanor in all internal and external business partner interactions.
- Participates in Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence (VUE), Control and Risk Management, Contingency, and Information Security efforts through active involvement in creating process improvements, accomplishing team metric goals, contingency preparation plans, and meeting the clean desk policy.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Finance) preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent judgement and proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action under tight time constraints
- Strong work ethic. Demonstrated willingness to contribute to the overall success of the unit and Vanguard.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple business partners and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills. Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Ability to adjust to change.
- Experience in computer applications such as Excel, Access and Word is preferred.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Available to work beyond core hours in order to meet business needs.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.