Compliance Administrator- Variable Annuities
Malvern, PA, US
November 9, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains licensing database for multi-state insurance licenses, tracks renewals and CE requirements.
2. Communicates compliance issues to annuity staff, insurance company, and record keeper as appropriate.
3. Resolves work flow issues for annuity contracts. Identifies and addresses trends, suggestions and quality improvement techniques with the management team on behalf of internal and external clients.
4. Maintains knowledge of tax laws and taxation of annuities. Assists in preparation of all tax forms related to the annuity.
5. Resolves complex shareholder situations using sound business judgment with approval by the department Compliance Administrator. Maintains a strong understanding of technical information and translates into easily understood terms.
6. Prepares clear and accurate written responses to shareholder questions. Reviews staffs correspondence and telephone presentations.
7. Participates in random audits, and any compliance / regulatory audits.
8. Prepares and maintains procedural manual updates.
9. Maintains a strong understanding and knowledge of the annuity systems. Maintains strong understanding of competitor programs and services.
10. Demonstrates effective communication skills with the annuity staff, internal departments, the insurance company and record keeper. Assists with Compliance Training.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Three years work experience required.
FINRA Series 6, 63, and state life insurance licenses required or ability to obtain within department guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Interpret tax law information and regulatory issues related to annuities.
- Knowledge of annuities and/or insurance industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to learn basic annuity processing and system applications.
If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations. Please note, the credit and criminal check requirement does not apply to crew who are currently registered with FINRA. Please reference the following article with regard to the licensing requirements of this position.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Additional Job Description
Works with team to provide guidance and support to crew on administrative decisions and issue resolution.
Maintains monitors and reporting on department controls.
Works with auditors to provide documentation for review.
Familiarity with Cognos is helpful.