Advisor Education Specialist
November 13, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
November 13, 2017
To conduct group presentations on industry research and Vanguard’s thought leadership to financial advisors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively conducts group presentations on FAS-approved content at advisory firms’ conferences, regional meetings, and educational events.
- Builds expert-level knowledge of approved presentation content, presenting Vanguard products, portfolio construction, and practice management, as well as relevant industry research on investor attitudes and behavior.
- Works with internal partners to enhance current presentations and develop new content.
- Partners with Key Account Sales team on presentation logistics and content so that it aligns with Vanguard’s client strategy and meets the needs of the advisor audience.
- Consults with client during meeting planning phase. Effectively handles advisor questions on presentation, as well as Vanguard’s products and services.
- Appropriately positions Vanguard’s website and FAS Sales Team for advisors who want additional information/follow-up.
- Reports event feedback to client contact and FAS Key Accounts sales team to ensure appropriate follow-up, identify future education opportunities, and deepen the client relationship.
- Refines presentation skills through formal and informal training; advisor, peer and management feedback.
- Coordinates travel arrangements in a fiscally responsible and flexible manner.
- Participates in corporate initiatives and special projects as appropriate and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA and/or professional designations (CIMA, CFP, CMFC, CFA) preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ financial services industry experience; preferably with professional advisors in some capacity.
- Active FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or the ability to obtain within 90 days of initial employment.
- Exemplary presentation skills and the ability to influence financial professionals in a group setting.
- Strong investment and financial acumen; a deep expertise of capital markets, portfolio construction, and investment products.
- Excellent relationship management skills; able to work in a matrix environment with many partners.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Siebel.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry, Vanguard, and its competitors to address the needs of professional financial advisors.
- 75% Travel Required.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.