Fund Financial Analyst
November 21, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
November 21, 2017
To provide leadership and technical assistance to Fund Financial Associates and support internal and external clients. To perform comprehensive analysis and execution of key controls related to assigned functional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes daily responsibilities to ensure security transactions are processed and reconciled and securities are appropriately maintained for security and fund valuation. Maintains oversight of operational responsibilities.
- Works to maintain a comprehensive conceptual understanding of the funds and securities as assigned. Independently resolves problems and exercises judgment in elevating material issues. Recognizes opportunities and recommends process improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality.
- Oversees and reviews the work of associates on the team.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business partners and clients. Anticipates client needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation of all current procedures. Adheres to various control standards to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures. Understands and mitigates unit’s business risks.
- Serves as a resource to the department and willingly shares expertise. Is cross-trained and able to provide coverage as needed.
- Supplements and provides training support for new crew as needed.
- Initiates and participates in VUE projects and initiatives. Maintains, analyzes, and presents unit’s metrics to support Vanguard’s Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) efforts.
- Promotes a team atmosphere in the department and Vanguard as a whole. Fosters a “Vanguard-global” attitude. Encourages crew to provide ideas and feedback. Maintains a refined and professional demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a business discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years of business related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently take appropriate action under tight time constraints.
- Strong work ethic. Demonstrated willingness to contribute to the overall success of the unit and Vanguard.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
Available to work beyond core hours in order to meet business needs.
Potential travel may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.