Fund Financial Analyst – Fund Reporting, Expenses, and Distributions
November 27, 2017
Malvern, PA, US
November 27, 2017
Ensure the accurate and timely completion of financial statements, regulatory filings, and tax reporting for Vanguard Mutual Funds, Trusts, and 529 Plans. Understand and maintain department procedures and controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete Annual/Semi-Annual Shareholder Reports, Quarterly N-Q filings, and regulatory filings for Vanguard Mutual Funds in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations governing registered investment companies.
- Complete annual financial statements for certain Vanguard Trusts in accordance with US GAAP and the PA Department of Banking rules.
- Complete annual financial statements for certain Vanguard 529 Plans in accordance with U.S. GAAP and GASB standards.
- Complete fund fiscal and calendar year end tax reporting functions including Qualified Dividend Income (QDI), Return of Capital Adjustments (ROCA), and Income and Asset by State. Ensure final calculations and reports are sent to appropriate stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly fund income and capital gain distribution calculations. Review and analyze calculations for accuracy and reasonability.
- Prepare fiscal and excise tax provisions for Vanguard Mutual Funds.
- Coordinate monthly money market fund regulatory reporting on Form N-MFP.
- Review and analyze financial and tax statements for accuracy. Research and resolve items that are unusual in nature or exceed established tolerance levels.
- Keep current on fund events that may affect financial statements, and ensure necessary changes to disclosures are complete and accurate.
- Communicate on a proactive basis with peers, leaders, and internal and external business partners including Global Fund Accounting, Fund Tax Services, Corporate Communications, Legal, Investment Management Group, Portfolio Review Department, and external auditors to complete all necessary financial and tax reporting functions. Work with business partners to research and resolve reporting issues.
- Develop and maintain procedures and controls for all assigned tasks. Identify opportunities to improve department efficiency, develop and implement changes in current processes, with appropriate guidance and approvals. Evaluate the impact of process changes. Communicate impacts to affected parties and help prepare work environment for change.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Fund Financial Services experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.