Human Capital Strategist; HR Business Partner
Malvern, PA, US
December 7, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Understand and proactively address the HR needs of the subdivision, maintaining strategic alignment between the business and HR. Provide input to CoEs and Crew Central to align HR programs and solutions to support business area-specific needs.
2. Act as the human capital liaison for the aligned subdivision across the functional areas of HR, including culture and inclusion, workforce strategy and planning, workforce analytics, organizational effectiveness, employment branding and recruiting, training, leadership development, succession planning, performance management, total rewards, and crew relations and compliance.
3. Advocate for the HR agenda with senior business leaders. Align the business with global HR policies and programs. Communicate the rationale for current policies and programs and convey changes as they occur.
4. Educate HR crew on key divisional / regional strategic initiatives to provide a line of sight into divisional / regional impact.
5. Act as a steward of culture and inclusion within the business, with a focus on providing guidance on strategies and approaches to keep crew actively engaged. Partner with the Culture and Inclusion CoE to identify, understand, and communicate best practices and identify root causes for observed trends in culture, inclusion, and crew engagement.
6. Conduct regular workforce planning within the business, ensuring alignment with the process and guidelines set by the OCS CoE. Contribute to the enterprise-wide workforce plan by coordinating with the OCS Workforce Planning Lead to input the aligned business area workforce plan.
7. Act as liaison between business leaders and the OCS CoE to drive consistent organizational effectiveness strategy and approach, coordinating to inform consulting engagements and partnering to facilitate group discussions on organization effectiveness.
8. Coordinate with the Talent Management CoE and the business area to define specific action plans to achieve the workforce strategy. Articulate the capabilities, resources and actions needed to close talent gaps or optimize the workforce. Understand talent acquisition and development strategies and partner with the Talent Management CoE to ensure HR programs are supportive of these strategies.
9. Collaborate with the business area and Talent Management CoE to establish programs to manage talent development. Provide guidance on how to manage the talent review process and identify high-potential crew for targeted development opportunities.
10. Collaborate with Crew Central and the OCS Workforce Analytics team to deliver standard and ad-hoc reports to the business on key human capital trends and metrics.
11. Partner with business leadership and Total Rewards CoE to develop a tailored overall rewards strategy, taking into account business strategy and needs. Support business leaders by communicating the total rewards philosophy, strategy and value. Work with business leadership to implement decisions and programs created by CoE.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight years related business experience
- Thorough knowledge of employment law
- Excellent project management, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Vanguard’s business and the asset management sector preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills; logical and analytical thinker, comfort with data and analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to executive leaders
- People leadership skills to enable working on cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.