Come, be part of a collaborative, creative communications team and serve as a subject matter expert for one of the company’s leading divisions. Impactful communications start with an intentional strategy! As a Communications Srategist for Vanguard, you will lead the strategy and publication of communications content and media development for internal audiences. This exciting role sits within a fast growing, creative team that will be the strategic vehicle to drive key internal communications!
In this role
- Sets communications strategy to enable strategic business outcomes. Leads the communication development, delivery, and measurement across a variety of business needs. Leads strategic plan to achieve goals through strategic, multifaceted communications approach, providing direction to team.
- Serves as primary communications and design consultant. Leads design team in collaborative development of multichannel communications.
- Drives the impact of the collective communication strategy. Ensures the execution of all phases of the communications process, including conception, implementation, and measurement.
- Develops and strengthens working relationships with key influencers and executives across the organization to support communications and business objectives.
- Continue to evolve communications strategies that meet current and future needs.
- Drives the development of communication agendas with high-quality communications material across various formats, platforms, and channels.
- Protects Vanguard's reputation through all communications across various channels and platforms. Leads communication pods to proactively source and deliver critical communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage many complex projects with multiple clients simultaneously.
- Works with manager, peers, and other teams to ensure department productivity by providing functional support when needed. Orchestrates continuous improvements in Vanguard's communication strategy and implementation.
- Measures and monitors client satisfaction and makes recommendations based on feedback gathered from various sources.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes
- Minimum five years related work experience, minimum of five years’ experience in a design, advertising, or communications environment with progressively increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to persuade and influence across teams and at all management levels.
- Experience translating complex client/business problems into effective systemic design solutions.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Proven track record, strategic project experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.