Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) is currently leading a multi-year enterprise-wide transformation to drive consistent end to end third party oversight – enabling crew to make risk-based decisions related to the use of third parties and safeguard critical Vanguard data/operations. It is an exciting time to join TPRM as we build critical functions and shape the future for Vanguard. This team will be responsible for developing core critical TPRM capabilities – Global Governance & Assurance.
The Global Governance & Assurance team responsibilities include the following:
- Creates and maintains the global TPRM policy and standards.
- Develops and leads TPRM program governance to drive risk awareness, mitigation, and escalation.
- Drives insights and intelligence at the most senior levels across the enterprise.
- Owns change management/stakeholder engagement to ensure awareness and understanding of regulatory changes and needs across the businesses.
In this role you will:
Provide senior level risk evaluation of third-party vendors and external parties based on the Vanguard's operational and strategic risk methodologies and framework.
Develop program policies and procedures and assesses compliance to these policies and procedures including providing support and training.
Develop materials for the TPRMC.
Facilitate meetings with VMO’s/CRO’s to ensure appropriate oversight is being held at business level and to inform of program enhancements.
What it takes:
- Knowledge of Risk management and governance experience required.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to navigate a complex ecosystem with various stakeholders – experience with change management is a plus.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization – including the most senior levels.
- Strong strategic/conceptual thinking skills – can take complex ideas and develop solutions/recommendations.
- Driving insights that resonate with the business and provide consultation/recommendations.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.