Global Privacy Lead
February 9, 2018
Malvern, PA, US
February 9, 2018
- Leads your team to success by fostering an inclusive environment and managing to their diverse needs. Creates a culture of engagement by providing personalized coaching, training, and motivation. Setting standards, reviewing performance, and providing feedback, all in order to develop staff. Fosters a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development.
- Defines the strategic approach for the Global Privacy Program, which establishes policies, procedures, assessments, and remedial actions necessary for all Vanguard operations to comply with domestic and International privacy regulations.
- Leads a team responsible for designing, planning, and implementing operational components of the Global Privacy Program.
- Develops and implements the supporting strategic communications plan for the Global Privacy Program to engage, educate, and influence leaders about privacy issues, policies, and controls. This includes the development, implementation, and delivery of senior staff communications concerning the effectiveness of the Global Privacy Program.
- Designs, develops and maintains enterprise-wide privacy metrics to measure the effectiveness of the program, including appropriate benchmarks to legal, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Independently sets strategy to prioritize and remediate privacy risks by designing and influencing the adoption of appropriate controls across the enterprise.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with other business leaders, including Data Protection Officers across the International businesses, to influence the adoption and on-going engagement with the Global Privacy Program. Provides privacy-related advice to senior executives. And leads the Global Privacy Governance Counsel.
- Leads Vanguard’s Privacy Breach Response operations, including coordinating responses to major breaches and making decisions on appropriate responses and remedial measures.
- Interacts with global privacy regulators as needed to respond to inquiries and demonstrate compliance.
- Leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Idea candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience (JD, Master’s or professional degree preferred).
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant work experience in privacy, regulatory compliance, information systems, information technology, internal audit, risk & control, fraud, information security, business contingency, or process improvement disciplines.
- IAPP certifications or the ability to obtain certifications within 6 months of accepting the position.
- Broad understanding/familiarity with Vanguard’s business and the investment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to: quickly develop a command of new concepts, including domestic and international privacy laws and data security best practices; and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills. The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical, regulatory, and legal requirements into a clear, understandable framework that is actionable by the business.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to balance practical business realities with risk mitigation needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management. Experience and ease in interfacing with senior management across the organization.
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills.