Senior Business Analyst
August 7, 2018
Malvern, PA, US
August 7, 2018
To provide expert analytical support in development of enterprise, client group, and journey lab metrics in support of the newly formed CX pillar. In addition, this role will include partnering with Finance in development of business cases & with analytical functions across the enterprise to evaluate tools in order to enhance our journey analytics capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and executes the largest and most complex data projects and data consulting engagements. Provides recommended course of action that guide clients toward the execution of effective plan events administration. Delegates tasks and provides guidance and support to peers based on tactical and strategic recommendations
- Ensures the most effective techniques and tools are utilized to ensure quality execution of ongoing feeds and batch management
- Leads and executes the delivery of the most complex ad hoc reports, as well as the development of repeatable reporting solutions as requested by internal and external clients. Provides guidance and leadership to peers to ensure the most effective techniques and tools are utilized in report and recommendation development
- Takes a leadership role with other data resources. Engages in regular knowledge transfer in order to establish procedures that leverage effective and efficient data storage and retrieval. Shares advanced analytical tools and techniques across the team and broader department
- Represents Vanguard in client meetings and develops strategy for conversions and special projects; anticipates and assesses client data needs and objectives through planning and consultation. Aligns client requirements with Vanguard’s existing functionalities and suggests enhancements as necessary
- Partners with internal and external clients. Acts as a technical expert and competitively influences decisions and outcomes concerning data. Provides strategic direction for data resources and integrated teams
- Contributes to the identification of data needs across platforms and collaborates with data leadership team and IT to ensure technology enhancements meet expected results and standards
- Supports cross functional strategic priorities as requested by internal clients
- Develops and implements data and reporting training
- Collaborates closely with data leadership and provides insight on resourcing, budgetary, and technology needs. Assists in the development and implementation of short and long term goals and operational plans
- Identifies areas for process improvement. Leads and participates in Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence activities and departmental projects
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required.
- Advanced knowledge of key Vanguard systems; has the ability to align client requirements with Vanguard’s existing functionalities and proposes suggestions for improvements to existing systems, processes, and or procedures.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; experience working with large volumes of data.
- Strong client focus; relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional presence to interact with all levels of management and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a project team and independently. Fosters a team oriented environment; provides coaching and feedback as necessary.
- Attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines; effectively manages time.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.