Manager, Human Resources Technology
Malvern, PA, US
July 12, 2018
Culture and Inclusion
HR Communications, Reporting and Technology
Vanguard University ®
Organizational Design and Strategy
The right HR crew member is passionate about enhancing employee and candidate experience, uncovering what’s next in HR related subjects. Vanguard is seeking a Manager, Human Resources Technology to manage the portfolio of HR technology platforms and oversee both ongoing production support, periodic configurations, and one-time project requirements that affect the HR technology environment. To promote a streamlined client interface through technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Monitors the performance of HR Technology Specialists. Develop and implement coaching strategies to understand and address gaps and foster professional development. Analyze team performance, identify trends, and develop strategies to enhance the quality of work across the team. Identify and drive individualized and team-wide opportunities for learning and development. Promote ongoing knowledge sharing and adoption of HR Technology best practices.
- Partners with CoEs, HRBPs, and Crew Central to establish technology strategies, practices and priorities in line with the overall HR strategy and priorities. Maintain a broad understanding of Vanguard’s HR and non-HR technologies, tools and applications, including those that interface with supported business areas and systems.
- Partners with Information Technology peers, business clients, Business Access Management and HR technology vendors to meet HR business goals.
- Manages the HR Technology portfolio of applications. Oversee production support and maintenance. Ensure that regularly scheduled application upgrades with vendors occur according to schedule. Ensure the assessment of new release features and lead projects to adopt new functionalities or change existing processes where appropriate. Ensure that escalated technology cases are resolved in line with service level agreements.
- Stays current on new HR technology platforms, trends and techniques. Provide research, information, cost-benefit analysis and recommended direction with alternatives to achieve both long- and short-term objectives.
- Provides oversight to the planning, management and implementation of HR technology projects. Plan, select, implement and support new HR applications and integrations to meet changing business needs. Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to clients and stakeholders to obtain their input as appropriate.
- Manages HR technology processes and tools for project management, analysis, configuration, testing and interface management.
- Oversees the system administration of HR technology data and security access. Ensure that HR application re-certifications occur on a scheduled basis.
- Ensures HR data integrity by supporting the risk, audit and data governance activities performed by the PMO (data maintenance, storage, transmission, transfer, retention, destruction, etc.).
- Manages the deployment and resourcing of the HR Technology Specialists, aligning them with appropriate engagements based on business demand and individual skills, experience, and developmental opportunities.
- Oversees core HR technology vendor relationships in conjunction with the Vendor Management team, including Workday, Varicent / Open Symmetry, Cornerstone, and Salesforce technology vendors.
- Collaborates with Regional Crew Central Specialists and HR Generalists to seek and drive improvements in HR technology platforms and service delivery model to add value to clients globally.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years business experience.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes. Experience in the development and deployment of HR technologies
- Experience with project and stakeholder management
- Experience with HR process improvement
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
- Understanding of the HR technology portfolio
- Understanding of risk, data governance and audit requirements
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- People leadership skills including mentoring, technical training and day-to-day management of direct reports
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.