Senior Investment Analyst
September 21, 2018
Malvern, PA, US
September 21, 2018
To leverage investment expertise in support of Personal Advisor Services clients and crew. To pair deep investment acumen with project management skills in order to enhance our Personal Advisor Services offering, while considering the practical application as it relates to technology and process development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a subject matter expert in areas of investments, portfolio construction and its application in PAS methodology. Uses this in depth knowledge to support our business partners, advisors and clients.
- Takes ownership of the development and implementation of specific enhancements to the investment methodology used in Vanguard’s Personal Advisor Services by performing detailed investment analysis, contributing investment expertise and project management abilities.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Retail Advice’s business objectives as well as relevant industry and competitor developments, offers ideas to improve our methodology as a result.
- Builds strategic working relationships with relevant stakeholders to gather the necessary input and support on project planning, project analysis, and resourcing. Assumes ownership of projects from ideation through delivery and moves viable ideas to execution.
- Supports investment related change management initiatives by assisting with the training of advisors and managers as necessary.
- .Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external business partners to inform the development and enhancement of Personal Advisor’s investment methodology.
- Supports Retail Advice investment methodology business and project planning. Provides input into the development of key methodology team initiatives.
- Acts as an investment consultant to high net worth and ultra-high net worth advisors and participates in client conference calls as needed.
- Serves as a mentor and coach to less-tenured crew and contributes to their development.
- Participates in and/or leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of investment analysis and/or related experience.
- Progress towards a related higher educational or professional designation (e.g., MBA, CFP or CFA) preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills related to investment analysis and general financial planning principles.
- Superior desktop computing skills including Microsoft Office (with particular emphasis on Excel), database capabilities, and other analytical applications.
- In depth understanding of spreadsheet capabilities including, utilization of statistical formulas and charting functionality. FactSet and/or Bloomberg experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, both as part of a team as well as individually.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this role.