Reporting Data Analyst
Scottsdale, AZ, US
October 31, 2018
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
October 31, 2018
The Financial Advisor Services (FAS) story is one of growth, innovation, and endurance. We may adapt when the market changes, but we never waver in our core belief that lower costs result in greater value for our clients. We’ve gained a loyal following by serving clients (advisory firms, Target Broker Dealer, RIA, Bank, and Institutions) with a consultative approach that employs simple, reliable tools and resources to ensure consistent, long-term performance. To continue our success story, we are seeking strategic, creative thinkers and influential experts eager to help us continue to revolutionize the industry.
To perform data mining and analysis activities to support department business goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) system to identify and direct technical changes based on Sales business needs. Identifies, recommends, and implements changes that will improve the effectiveness and quality of data and analysis. Analyzes impact, prepares environment for change, communicates to impacted business areas and team members.
- Researches and integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and processes.
- Acts as internal consultant for FAS for ad-hoc data, metric requests and dashboard development efforts. Meets with internal clients and interprets requests for information to determine appropriate sources of information and data mining techniques to be employed.
- Prepares custom complex analysis for targeted areas of primary concern. Acts as Subject Matter Expert to respond to clients’ questions on research techniques, resolution of technical issues or application problems such as graph design, spreadsheet formatting, database troubleshooting, and software application functional questions.
- Develops BI, COGNOS, Excel and Access based reporting solutions of moderate to high complexity to meet department dashboard, reporting, workflow, and automation needs in accordance with development standards.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of various Sales Channels and partner needs. Uses business knowledge to recommend report enhancements. Establishes and maintains close working relationships with appropriate crew and management to continually enhance understanding of client business and needs.
- Leads and participates in various initiatives related to the department’s quality and strategic related projects. Works with appropriate parties to plan, schedule, coordinate, and manage business activities and resources required to deliver project solutions.
- Develops best practices and maintains team procedure manual for all department procedures and reports. Identifies and communicates discrepancies to team members as needed and ensures changes are accurately reflected in the manual. Maintains reporting database.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible work experience.
- Oracle BI and Cognos 8 experience preferred. Data analysis experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, including experience using one or more of the following data sources: Siebel, VCATS, DTC, Broadridge, Tableau, SQL.
- Strong interpersonal and skills, including the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues in other units/divisions. Must be able to understand and communicate both business and technical issues with team, management and system support.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality associated with Sales and Human Resources data.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.