Senior Manager, IT Strategy & Planning
Malvern, PA, US
October 15, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, coaching and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Leads strategic planning efforts from development and maintenance to governance and execution. Integrates key insights about industry trends, the investment markets and the competitive landscape to ensure output is a well-informed business strategy. Works closely with senior business leaders, and their teams, to align strategies and projects with business objectives.
3. Manages the coordination of business and fiscal planning across the department. Creates and maintains documentation of plans and progress toward meeting goals. Works with the senior leadership team to ensure business and fiscal plans support the department and division’s strategic objectives. Monitors, analyzes and reports on performance relative to plan. Is a catalyst for identifying viable alternatives and corrective action when performance is not on track for meeting strategic objectives.
4. Leads project management teams in delivering best-in-class projects and programs. Ensures resources are properly allocated to the right priorities within the department, develops the expertise and acumen of project practitioners, prioritizes and measures project impact against the business plan.
5. Manages the prioritization, implementation and budgeting. Helps the senior leadership team in shaping the vision for and developing a long-term, multi-year technology plan in alignment with the broader organization’s strategic direction.
6. Incorporates enterprise-wide view of appropriate controls and risk management methodologies. Ensures department is compliant with regulatory requirements.
7. Creates and implements effective change management and communication plans for the senior leadership team and various initiatives. Develops appropriate change management strategies based on the situation and a thorough assessment of the department’s readiness for the change. Effectively minimizes resistance and maximizes crew engagement through these efforts by viewing each challenge as an opportunity to have a positive impact on the department.
8. Provides business and project level reporting of key process indicators, strategic initiatives, and segment behavior to support the senior team in making effective decisions.
9. Represents department interests in corporate or divisional initiatives. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussions of new products and services.
10. Serves as primary relationship manager with key business partners and project leaders. Provides expertise and information on various interrelated aspects of the business and technology management process.
11. Leads/participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of related business experience and the ability to work across multiple functions.
- Recognized expertise and the ability to successfully influence strategic decision making.
- Proven strong external and internal negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong strategic thinker and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects particularly in an environment that crosses functional areas or business groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and establish work priorities with minimal guidance from management.
- Thorough understanding / knowledge of the investment marketplace and competitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and professionally with people of all levels.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.