Advanced Data Analyst
Malvern, PA, US
May 28, 2019
In This Role You Will:
- Analyze data and surface insights using advanced analytic methods.
- Use a sound approach to solving complex analytical problems such as various predictive and clustering models, advanced simulation and optimization techniques, experimentation design and measurement, decision-science approaches.
- Understand multi-functional businesses, processes, and strategies with deep knowledge across multiple data domains \
- Provide the architectural leadership in crafting critical technology projects, with an emphasis on data and analytics architecture. Utilizing your domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs
- Acquire structured and unstructured data and prepare the data for analysis. This includes cleansing and transforming the data, creating new derived data attributes when needed, documenting and communicating key assumptions and caveats, and employing sound recommendations for handling missing data points.
What it Takes:
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA in Information Technology, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics) or equivalent combination of training & experience required. Graduate degree with a concentration in Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics preferred.
- Proficiency in applied statistical techniques, cluster and segmentation analysis, time series analysis, regression/logistic regression analysis.
- Has advanced expertise of analytical & reporting tools and capabilities, in addition to knowledge of programming and scripting languages, such as Excel, Access, Composite, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, Python, R, SAS, SQL.
- Understand divisional technologies, tools, applications, databases, and data-sets, including those that work with various functional business areas and front end systems.
- Advanced data visualization skills and understanding of data modeling / query writing.
- Work with (large/’big’) data sets, data processing, ETL processes used to support reporting and data visualization solutions (advanced/expert; 4+ years of experience).
- Superior testing and quality control skills.
Communication is key. You will actively suggest analytical opportunities and define new process improvements through metrics. You will act as a consultant, interacting and engaging with analytics managers, intake managers and internal clients to translate complex cross-functional business problems and transform them into actionable objectives while driving business process. You will produce analytical solutions, compile actionable strategic recommendations and present succinct, well-informed cases to business leaders. You’ll offer persuasive counterpoints, translate complex analytical material into basic terms and at times challenge and validate analytical techniques employed by other analysts. You will guide business partners on the interpretation and use of analytic results and will influence, develop, mentor, coach, and train other data analysts across the department.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.