Internal Sales Consultant
Malvern, PA, US
December 3, 2018
As an Internal Sales Consultant, you’ll partner with an External Sales Executive to drive new business development and build relationships in the RIA (Registered Investment Advisor) channel within a geographic territory. Our Internal Sales Consultants are influential experts who proactively ask for clients’ business to enable mutually beneficial partnerships. This role is best for strategic thinkers who can uncover needs and provide the right solutions.
How you’ll spend your days:
As an Internal Sales Consultant, you’ll spend your days building, growing, and maintaining advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of their business. Asking targeted, high impact questions will allow you to position value-added Vanguard offerings through consultative sales conversations. You’ll raise awareness of Vanguard’s investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities, including cold calls and virtual communications.
Applying your deep knowledge of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments, you’ll become a trusted advisor to both clients and prospective clients. You’ll help achieve sales goals by engaging with external partners to uncover sales opportunities, position Vanguard products and services, and close new business within the territory.
Developing a thorough understanding of the sales process, you’ll move clients and prospects through the process with efficiency and clarity, thus creating promoters of Vanguard. During travels with the external partner, you’ll participate in face to face meetings with advisors and support the External Sales Executive in the development and execution of a strategic business plan.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, including wholesaling experience, is preferred.
- Minimum three years general experience and three years industry/technology. Financial services or wholesaling experience preferred.
- Understanding of, and passion for, the sales process.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated professional presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- High energy, motivated individual, committed to excellence.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- Currently holds Series 7 and 63 licenses, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.