Accountant– Corporate Accounting Operations
Malvern, PA, US
November 20, 2018
Core responsibilities will be to understand, maintain, and implement effective internal controls and work closely with business unit counterparts to optimize efficiency of corporate accounting processes.
In this role the technical skills and overall working knowledge would involve:
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory and statutory calculations and internal and external financial and regulatory reports in accordance with applicable regulations. Ensuring accuracy of figures through analysis of reported figures. Identifying and researching critical variances and documents findings. Conducting regular meetings with senior leadership to review variances and other material items impacting the reports.
- Executing a full range of monthly accounting responsibilities for assigned legal entities, divisions and/or functional areas, ensuring the proper recording of financial activities in accordance with U.S. and international accounting and reporting standards, statutory reporting requirements and Corporate policies. Preparing journal entries and reviews and approves entries and account reconciliations of Associate Accountants.
- Completing month end close for assigned legal entity, division and/or functional area.
- Strategic Partner– Analyzes U.S. and non-U.S. Business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to ensure accuracy recording of financial positions. Prepares and communicates monthly financial results and internal controls summary to senior accountant and management.
- Internal Consultant- Identifies and manages risk ensuring assigned legal entities, divisions and/or functional areas have established adequate internal controls to prevent/detect non-compliance in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management- Builds and develops strong working relationships both locally and globally to optimize efficiency of accounting processes.
- Works with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit. Analyzes and prepares documents/information with the auditors. Answers all auditor inquiries.
- Business Acumen– Maintains an understanding of legal and accounting relationships between The Vanguard Group, Inc., subsidiaries and The Vanguard Group of Mutual Funds. Maintains an understanding of external financial reporting and disclosure requirements to ensure proper recording of business activities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance preferred). CPA or MBA preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
- One to two years general experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial and operational controls.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.