Quantitative Research Analyst
Malvern, PA, US
October 30, 2018
We are looking for a self-motivated, output-oriented individual with strong technical skills who is driven by intellectual curiosity to understand the complexities of financial markets and to combine investment themes with Big Data and Machine Learning. The individual will have opportunities to be part of high-level meetings with senior members of the investment teams and have a direct impact on the company’s global strategy and success.
- Works independently on projects and analyses under the guidance of senior analysts utilizing specialized quantitative skills to generate value-add insights and provide data-driven solutions to enhance investment outcomes.
- Drives and uses machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, NLP, probabilistic inferences and others. Researches new and innovative techniques and methods to solve machine learning problems in support of investment decision making for fixed income and equity trading.
- Supports deeper analysis of investment strategies and transaction costs, creates new quantitative measures, and contributes to new investment strategies. Works with and enhances existing models; develops and calibrates models; prepares data and develops data sources and processes; produces and communicates results.
- Develops business acumen to bring an informed perspective to investment management teams.
- Uses communication and interpersonal skills to integrate with the portfolio management teams. Tailors communication of complex concepts to the audience.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative/analytical field such as Data Science, Machine Learning, Financial Engineering, and Computer Science.
- Minimum of three years of experience or equivalent combination of education/training.
- Deep understanding and proven experience in building models using deep learning, machine learning and optimization methods to solve complex business problems.
- Knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in computer programming, such as Python, R, and Big Data related technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a high degree of motivation.