Senior Relationship Manager
Scottsdale, AZ, US
October 31, 2018
The goal is to support clients’ wealth management needs and provide access to a holistic range of services including Vanguard Personal Advisor Services, trustee services through Vanguard National Trust Company and consultative services provided by Wealth and Estate experts and Tax strategists.
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for the overall satisfaction of their clients, and whos main purpose is to ensure their clients are aware of and receiving the Wealth Management services Vanguard provides. Ultimately, you will strive to not only have a great connection with the wealth creator and owner but ultimately focus on getting to know their entire family.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically manages and maximizes Flagship Select’s largest and most complex client relationships by providing consultative guidance and ensuring quality service delivery. Proactively evaluates and assesses client’s investment needs and financial goals and aligns with appropriate solutions with a focus on the client’s priorities. Strives to achieve and deepen client relations, loyalty, asset retention, and growth. Develops strong relationships with key decision makers and their heirs.
- Acts as a senior point of contact and relationship manager for UHNW clients, their families, and advisors. Activities may include family meetings including several generations and family advisors such as estate planning attorneys and accountants. Understands client’s needs and complex estate planning strategies and incorporates such knowledge into the accounts investment/estate planning objective in order to minimize tax liability. Explains investment strategies employed for various types of trusts.
- Demonstrates ultimate accountability for client relationships and coordinates internal activities to ensure an integrated team. Acts as a strategic partner and serves as a liaison with internal Vanguard departments (Marketing, Operations, Legal, Portfolio Review, and Portfolio Management) and other client interested parties (trustees, consultants, administrators, family offices, etc.). Coordinates internal activities to ensure an integrated team. Partners with various Vanguard business areas to shape and influence client’s decision making process. Provides strategic direction for clients and their families to ensure unmatchable excellence and flawless execution in all aspects of the client relationship.
- Positions Vanguard strategically to retain, expand and grow the client relationship. Recommends VGI services and products to gain efficiencies and better serve the client (such as introductions to PAS, VNTC as corporate trustee, Vanguard Charitable, etc.)
- Partners with Business Development Group/Concierge Services Sales Executives to identify and capture growth, referral and consolidation opportunities. In addition, coordinates with Sales Executives to facilitate a seamless transition for clients new to Vanguard and Flagship Select.
- Maintains a high level of expertise and knowledge of Vanguard’s investment products, our investment philosophy and advice methodology. Appropriately positions our Personal Advisory Services and wealth management services to meet the client’s needs. Assists clients through Flagship Situational Advice Service with investment decisions for a range of financial topics to help them take initial steps in planning to achieve their long-term investment goals.
- Maintains a high level of expertise on relevant market developments. Researches specific industry trends, and shares materials to effectively communicate key research findings. Provides consultation and guidance on pertinent issues with other relationship managers, members of the Flagship UHNW team, and clients.
- Sets measurable goals and leads or participates in initiatives focused on improved client relationships and asset retention. Monitors progress towards established objectives. Efficiently coordinates follow up actions within Vanguard.
- Participates in special projects, and strategic department initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- CFP / CFA required (must have at least one of these two designations)
- Series 7, 63(or ability to obtain within 3 months).
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a combination of investment, wealth and estate planning, and relationship management roles.
- Thorough knowledge of investment industry, as well as Vanguard’s investment philosophy, services, funds, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with senior management and key decision makers in the client relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with external professional advisors, family offices, clients, and other crew members at all levels.
- Proven ability to think and perform strategically, bringing innovative solutions to complex UHNW client situations.
- Excellent executive presence, poise and presentation skills. Superior consulting, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Travel is required (approximately 30%-50%).
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.