CM04 – Head of HR Communications
Malvern, PA, US
February 25, 2019
1. Manage staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one and skip level meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow corporate performance management procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resource policies and procedures.
2. Act as Global Process Owner ensuring ongoing transparency and accountability to advance global process efforts, operating model, technology, and data governance in specific process area.
3. Develop and deliver global communications strategies and campaigns in support of the HR agenda.
4. Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of HR communications to crew globally.
5. Coordinate and collaborate with Corporate Communications to align HR communications with the enterprise branding and messaging approach.
6. Coordinate with the Employee Value Proposition, Branding & Onboarding Lead as needed to ensure that HR communications are consistent with the employee value proposition.
7. Manage the end-to-end communications delivery and support for HR and other crew-related messaging including the drafting, editing and distribution process.
8. Partner with senior HR stakeholders to understand their strategic goals, and lead the development of communications to meet their needs. Assess and understand communication purposes, objectives, internal audiences and goals.
9. Oversee the design and management of communication campaigns for the HR Centers of Excellence (e.g., Total Rewards). Provide input on the selection of communication channels and oversee their execution.
10. Oversee the design and management of the annual HR communications calendar.
11. Partner with the Regional Heads of HR and Regional Crew Central Specialists to ensure the timing and delivery of global HR messaging to regionally-based crew. Ensure messages are tailored for the regions as appropriate.
13. Oversee two-way communication channels between crew and HR.
14. Coordinate with the Vendor Management Team Lead to oversee the relationship with communications vendors and ensure that service delivery is in line with contractual agreements.
15. Coordinate with HR Policy & Risk Management Lead to maintain HR policy documentation on a regular basis.
16. Manage and approve the HR Communications budget in collaboration with senior leadership.
17. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum eight years management experience, with demonstrated excellence in project management an communications. HR knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of HR policies and processes
- Client service orientation – proactive and solution focused
- Creative with attention to detail
- Strong executive presence
- Experience working closely with senior leadership
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences
- People leadership skills including mentoring, training and day-to-day management of direct reports
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.