Head of HR Offer & Planning
Malvern, PA, US
November 14, 2018
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures when required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Leads the team responsible for identifying and developing new offers as well as managing the long term strategy and sustainability. Serves as the primary business partner, responsible for effective communication internally to HR and across the organization.
3. Analyzes and recommends optimal structure and technology requirements for the Offer Management function. Contributes to the annual business planning process. Understands the financial dynamics and cost drivers of the business.
4. Creates, communicates, implements and leads the Offer Management function with the goal of capturing the voice of crew and clients to ensure needs are being met. Establishes an effective measurement framework to monitor offer effectiveness and enable appropriate transparency across the organization.
5. Maintains an appropriate level of Vanguard and industry knowledge; keeps current on Vanguard and policies and objectives. Continues to expand knowledge using an active external lens to identify leading practices to expand the HR organization offer. Stays abreast of emerging technology trends and associated opportunities/impacts.
6. Partners effectively with senior and functional leadership and critical business partners in building and administering the Offer Management function.
7. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in the initial creation and ongoing management of the Offer Management function.
8. Assess PMO needs across the division and establish a centralized function that enables the team to be efficient and effective in delivery.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years business experience, including relevant experience in leadership and business strategy.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills; strong persuasion and persuasion skills.
- Proven track record of delivering business results in complex environments. Ability to make decisions and execute amidst fluid and uncertain environments.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels of audiences internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Proven and demonstrable strategic thinking required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.