Senior Fund Financial Analyst – International Fund Services
November 20, 2018
Malvern, PA, US
November 20, 2018
To complete periodic fund financial reports, fund tax reporting requirements, and Form 5500 reporting for non-U.S. funds and Institutional products.
In this role, you will:
- Complete quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial reports for shareholder and regulatory reporting for non U.S. funds in accordance with local regulatory reporting requirements in Ireland, U.K., and Canada.
- Oversee, analyze, and review third party provider’s financial statements and notes to financial statements for inclusion in financial reports, to ensure accuracy and completeness. Analyze financial reports, and researches and resolves items that are atypical in nature or exceed established tolerance levels.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders both internal to Vanguard (Legal, Tax, Annual Plan Reporting Services, PRD, Canadian and European Vanguard offices) and external (fund accounting service providers, auditors) as owners of the financial and tax reporting processes.
- Develop an understanding of regulatory reporting requirements for multiple domiciles (Canada, Ireland, U.K.), and ensures compliance. Keep current on global regulatory changes that will affect fund financial statement disclosures, and work with third party service providers and auditors to develop and implement such changes.
- Complete annual financial statements for Vanguard Institutional products for inclusion in Form 5500 filings in accordance with IRS and Department of Labor regulatory reporting requirements.
- Complete fund fiscal and calendar year end tax reporting functions. Ensure final calculations are sent to appropriate stakeholders and filed with local regulators.
- Develop fund/product knowledge, and keep current on fund events that may affect financial reports, and ensure necessary changes to disclosures are complete and accurate.
- Communicate on a proactive basis and resolve issues with other Vanguard departments, fund investment advisors, external auditors, and third party service providers to complete all necessary financial reporting and tax reporting functions.
- Facilitate the fund certification process, including scheduling and preparing necessary certification documents. Lead certification meetings with FFS senior management, including the fund CFO, fund controller, as well as senior management in the U.K. and Canada.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and relationship efficiency, develop and implement changes in current processes, with appropriate guidance and approvals.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Fund Financial Services experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.