Brokerage Regulatory Reporting Accounting Manager
Malvern, PA, US
November 20, 2018
The Brokerage Regulatory Reporting Accounting Manager will be responsible for the delivery of accounting and financial reporting services to Vanguard’s broker dealer legal entity. This manager will have core responsibilities related to the monthly and quarterly close process and will work closely with other Corporate Accounting teams, as well as various Finance, Brokerage, Regulatory, Compliance and Treasury teams to provide accounting support to the Brokerage business unit.
Ideal Candidates will:
- Have relevant progressive experience in accounting principles, practices and internal controls
- Prove their ability to be organized and view things analytically with the proper attention to detail.
- Own responsibility of making sure accounting transactions and financial results are reported correctly and communicated appropriately.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, and an eagerness to learn and are a team player who takes initiative and works constructively with others to achieve team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the Brokerage monthly accounting close for multiple business units and legal entities.
- Assist in the timely, accurate and complete preparation of financial reporting.
- Lead the coordination of various regulatory reporting with FINRA, SEC and SIPC as it relates to the regulated broker dealer legal entities.
- Respond to inquiries from management and other groups within Corporate Accounting, as well as other teams outside of Corporate Accounting, including Finance, Regulatory, Compliance, Treasury, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in annual audit process with external auditors, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Leads complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and broader finance team(s) and/or with other areas of the company. Works with business partners to effectuate process change.
- Leads the recommendation, design and implementation of internal control procedures that ensure proper recording of financial positions and prevents material errors in accounting records. Manages process changes to improve accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
- Builds and develops strong working relationships both locally and globally to optimize efficiency of accounting processes.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of legal and accounting relationships between The Vanguard Group, Inc., subsidiaries and The Vanguard Group of Mutual Funds.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance).
- CPA, and MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Broker/Dealer Experience Highly Preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of advanced experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and initiatives effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.