IT Risk and Controls Advisor – Senior
Malvern, PA, US
May 17, 2019
Protect our mission by protecting our clients
Doing what’s right for investors everywhere means safeguarding the business. That takes strategy-and it takes you. Your technical expertise will ensure our IT department is two steps ahead of risk. With your deep knowledge in protecting enterprise companies, you’ll work alongside leadership and help protect over twenty million investors, worldwide. Because at Vanguard, a first-class client experience starts with a secure business. Make it count.
In this role, you will:
- You will develop a keen understanding of the Vanguard risk management framework and use that expertise to evaluate risks and related controls
- Execute highly complex risk assessments
- Review risk documentation to ensure it reflects enterprise wide standards
- Serve as a liaison to internal business clients and manage risk projects focusing on documentation to improve control efficiency
- Build relationships with management and share expertise and analysis that will shape decision-making
- Guide and motivate junior team members
Bring expert insight to the frontlines of risk protection
When it comes to risk, you have us covered. You’re a trusted advisor who communicates with clarity to improve our risk management plans and processes. Your passion and integrity enable you to motivate and inspire our risk assessment crew members. We’ll look to you for accurate analytics and recommendations to continue changing investing for the good of our clients around the world.
What it takes
- A Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in IT, finance or accounting, related certification or equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of five to seven years’ general business experience, with progressively responsible operations management, compliance, risk management or auditing experience from which knowledge of in internal control and risk management was obtained preferred
- Technical expertise in assigned business activities for Information Technology
- An in depth understanding of complex business activities specific to the financial industry
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and analytical skills required
- Familiarity with risk management theory and experience in applying risk management concepts
- Experience working with internal partners/clients to assess risk to facilitate making risk-aware decisions on strategic initiatives required
- Proven project management experience including large scale projects and programs
- Risk management certifications and willingness to achieve certifications required
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.