Senior Sales Compensation Consultant
Malvern, PA, US
November 28, 2018
Vanguard’s Human Resources (HR) department uses defined HR principles to connect all processes and policies back to our mission and vision statements. HR integrates empathy and crew focus into every task – whether it’s developing and implementing policy, creating compensation and benefit strategies or enriching company culture. Supporting our 14,000+ crew members worldwide, HR includes such functions as:
Culture and Inclusion
HR Communications, Reporting and Technology
Vanguard University ®
Organizational Design and Strategy
The right HR crew member is passionate about enhancing employee and candidate experience, uncovering what’s next in HR related subjects, and developing talent acquisition and management strategies
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the design of Vanguard’s sales compensation programs in line with the overall total rewards philosophy and business objectives, in partnership with the business, Finance and Legal. Support the business in implementing new or redesigned programs.
2. Develop incentive and sales award criteria, incentive pools, participation guidelines, incentive thresholds and programs that are tailored to specific Vanguard divisions and/or countries where Vanguard operates. Assist the business in facilitating the communication of overall performance, goals, and milestones to participants.
3. Research and benchmark market data for incentive programs to evaluate the competitiveness of incentive plans. Recommend potential plan adjustments to the Sales & Incentives Compensation Manager to improve plan effectiveness. Analyze short, medium, and long-term plan effectiveness, prepare summary reports, and review sales compensation program metrics for potential opportunities for improvement.
4. Manage relationships with external consultants and vendors related to the system used for calculating sales bonuses. Support system implementation by defining requirements and leading testing efforts in conjunction with the Total Rewards Specialists in Crew Central. Serve as an escalation point for the Total Rewards Specialists in Crew Central who administer the sales bonuses.
5. Maintain sales compensation plan documentation. Ensure policies, procedures and controls for sales compensation plans are up-to-date and monitor continued adherence.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years general experience consisting of specific compensation experience.
- Experience developing and implementing sales compensation programs.
- Demonstrated executive presence and experience working with senior leadership in a global organization preferred.
- Extensive analytical skills and knowledge of spreadsheet applications and tools, such as Microsoft Excel, is a must.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills in a team environment.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes. Sensitivity in working with confidential information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.