Personal Advisor Services, Senior Manager
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, USCharlotte, NC, US
November 30, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
2. Oversees the management and development of the combined book of business strategy for their managed clients.
3. Ensures Managers and Advisors provides premier client Advice to their managed books and execute on their book strategy.
4. Develops and influences departmental policies and procedures to evolve Personal Advisor strategy. Works closely with other members of management to develop and implement strategic plans. Participates in the development of short and long range strategies for the department.
5. Collaborates with key Retail Investment Group partners to define and deliver upon shared goals.
6. Responds quickly to industry and internal developments. Assesses what should be communicated to the department, and does so in a timely, accurate and effective manner. Determines the most appropriate method of communication, given the nature of the content.
7. Provides technical support to team and business in areas of financial planning. Supports Advisors in analyzing and resolving client issues and developing solutions.
8. Participates in development of business planning. Analyzes departmental statistics and prepares management reports. Understands the financial dynamics of the business forecast and proactively manages business segment and headcount appropriately.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years progressively responsible and related experience (including supervision of others).
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP License) preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 65 & 24 licenses or ability to obtain within 120 days.
- Extensive knowledge of Vanguard investment offerings.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to complex client situations.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within Vanguard.
Travel may be required periodically to the sites, conferences, and offsite training.
Provides site level leadership for the Advice department.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.