Senior Institutional Sales Executive
February 21, 2019
Toronto, ON, CA
February 21, 2019
The Institutional Sales Executive will be responsible for selling the total range of the business solutions by establishing and developing new business opportunities directly to the institutional market (DB, DC, Endowments, Foundations, Multiemployer and Governmental).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new institutional relationships by developing a strategic sales plan to efficiently identify quality new business relationships and leverage Vanguard capabilities for maximum success.
- Engage in business development and prospect evaluation efforts by managing relationships with third parties lead sources, including but not limited to Consultants, Record-keepers and other third party organizations.
- Manage a sales process that will involve a third party representing the prospects’ interests but also acting as the lead source.
- Facilitate and promote teamwork efforts in the achievement of sales goals.
- Stays up to date on new products / services and other general information of interest to prospects and clients.
- Achieves established sales and retention goals through personal direction of all executive and staff level activities of the sales process.
- Develops a strategic sales plan to efficiently identify quality new business relationships and leverage Vanguard capabilities for maximum success.
- Effectively presents Vanguard’s investments and services to prospects, clients and industry organizations through written, verbal and electronic media.
- Develops strong relationships with senior and executive management of prospect and client organizations.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard’s investments and services through targeted prospecting activities.
- Implements long term relationship growth strategies for key territory prospects.
- Uses expertise of market and competitive environments to help position Vanguard’s services appropriately.
- Provides support to other members of the Sales & RM team and guidance to the support staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Supports corporate initiatives and actively participate in programs as appropriate.
- 8 – 10 years financial services experience with at least five years in a senior level client or prospect relationship role in the DC / DB market. Three to five years of successful institutional sales experience preferred.
- Proven ability to think and perform strategically, bringing innovative solutions to complex client or prospect situations.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with executive management in the prospect organization and internally within Vanguard.
- Extensive knowledge of institutional investment offerings.
- Strong knowledge of the institutional competitive environment.
- Excellent executive presence, poise and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advanced degree (MBA) and professional designations (i.e. CFA) preferred
- Excellent commands of English is a must and proficiency in the language of the target markets is highly recommended.
- Frequent travel required.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.