Reporting Data Analyst 1
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
December 3, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Produce robust business, process, and crew reports/performance tools which support business goals and objectives. Leverage peers and other resources in identifying the most efficient techniques to maximize benefit to business partners. Seeks to maximize automation of reporting.
2. Obtain and analyze data using statistical tools and share findings that lead to greater client insight, optimized performance, enhanced engagement, improved retention, increased revenue and decreased costs.
3. Communicate results, interpretations, conclusions and suggestions in a manner that maximizes business partner’s understanding of the impact to their operations. Clarifies client needs to ensure that their needs are properly understood.
4. Ensure a deep awareness and understanding of all data sources so that client needs can be met in an effective and thorough manner. When appropriate use knowledge depth/experience to troubleshoot any/all issues associated with data collection and availability.
5. Identify, implement, and support thorough testing and quality controls to ensure only the highest quality outputs are delivered to our clients.
6. Deep understanding of businesses supported to ensure that proper context is used to shape deliverables.
7. Manages portfolio of work to ensure work stays on track and clients are informed of progress. Work with business partners, supervisor, and relationship manager to ensure appropriate prioritization of work.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years related Vanguard work experience.
- Analysis experience at a financial services firm preferred, with daily use of advanced tools to extract, manipulate, transform and analyze large quantities of complex data.
- Basic knowledge/awareness of statistics and VUE principles/tools.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access required.
- Experience with Cognos 8 or 10, Enterprise tables, Retail Data Warehouse, and MINITAB a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell a story visually.
- Proven ability to work effectively and independently with strong time management skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.