Internal Sales Consultant
Scottsdale, AZ, US
December 6, 2018
As an Internal Sales Consultant, you’ll partner with an External Sales Executive to drive new business development and build relationships in either a Broker Dealer / Wirehouse channel or RIA (Registered Investment Advisor) channel within a geographic territory. Our Internal Sales Consultants are influential experts who proactively ask for clients’ business to enable mutually beneficial partnerships. This role is best for strategic thinkers who can uncover needs and provide the right solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals as set by leadership team. Identifies opportunities and moves clients through the sales process creating promoters of Vanguard. Actively engages with external partner to uncover new Vanguard assets.
- Drives results and raises awareness of Vanguard’s investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities including cold calls and virtual communications.
- Builds, grows, and maintains advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of Vanguards value added offerings and successfully position these services to advisors.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the sales process and utilizes it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage. Partner with External Sales executive to close new business within the territory.
- Travels with external partner to participate in face to face meetings with advisors.
- Supports the External Sales Executive in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory.
- Develops a through understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to client and prospective clients, and positions vanguard products and services effectively.
- Assesses the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions and positions the appropriate product and/or service that meet those needs. Asks for the client’s business.
- Proactively supports broader corporate initiatives and participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, including wholesaling experience, is preferred.
- Minimum three years general experience and three years industry/technology. Financial services or wholesaling experience preferred.
- Understanding of and passion for the sales process.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated professional presence, poise and presentation skills.
- High energy, motivated individual, committed to excellence.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- Currently holds Series 7 and 63 licenses, or ability to obtain within 90 days.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
How you’ll spend your days:
As an Internal Sales Consultant, you’ll spend your days building, growing, and maintaining advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of their business. Asking targeted, high impact questions will allow you to position value-added Vanguard offerings through consultative sales conversations. You’ll raise awareness of Vanguard’s investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities, including cold calls and virtual communications.
Applying your deep knowledge of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments, you’ll become a trusted advisor to both clients and prospective clients. You’ll help achieve sales goals by engaging with external partners to uncover sales opportunities, position Vanguard products and services, and close new business within the territory.
Developing a thorough understanding of the sales process, you’ll move clients and prospects through the process with efficiency and clarity, thus creating promoters of Vanguard. During travels with the external partner, you’ll participate in face to face meetings with advisors and support the External Sales Executive in the development and execution of a strategic business plan.