Wealth Sales Executive, Mexico
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, MX
December 6, 2018
Duties ad Responsibilities:
1. Achieves sales and retention goals within the spirit of Vanguard Investments Mexico’s Code of Ethics.
2. Develops a strategic sales plan to efficiently identify quality new business relationships and leverage Vanguard capabilities for maximum success.
3. Effectively presents Vanguard’s investment capabilities and services to prospects, clients, consultants, and industry organizations through written, verbal and electronic media.
4. Develops, maintains and broadens relationships in Mexico by thoroughly understanding the philosophy and dynamics of prospects and clients (investment philosophy, client base, product preference, etc.) and acts as a trusted advisor/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services. Educates advisors on the benefits of Vanguard and our product offerings.
5. Raises awareness of Vanguard’s investment capabilities and services through face-to-face meetings, phone and video calls, targeted mailings and emails, hosting seminars, and attendance at industry conferences.
6. Implements long term relationship growth strategies for key Mexican prospects and clients.
7. Develops knowledge of regulatory environment and ensures that Vanguard Investments Mexico operates in compliance with Mexican regulations.
8. Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted advisor to prospects and clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
9. Works well in a team environment with assigned sales support staff and other crew members, including crew in shared services functions in the U.S. and other international locations.
10. Supports corporate initiatives and actively participates in programs as appropriate. Reports sales activities to support Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence (VUE) programs.
11. Provides leadership and guidance to sales support staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
12. Leads/Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Masters degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA), preferred.
- Five to Eight years financial services experience with at least three years in a senior level client or prospect relationship role, or investment management role. Three to five years of successful sales experience preferred.
- Proven ability to think and perform strategically, bringing innovative solutions to complex client or prospect situations.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with executive management in the prospect/client organization and internally.
- Extensive knowledge of investment products including ETFs and/or portfolio management, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the asset management industry and distribution channels, preferred.
- Sound investments knowledge and a passion for the capital markets, preferred.
- Excellent executive presence, poise and presentation skills. Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Verbal and written Spanish and English proficiency required.
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills.
- Some travel required.