Cost Basis/Tax Project Manager
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
December 10, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops, manages and executes Corporate and Divisional projects in conjunction with systems manager and business managers for the project. Manages project team members, who manage portions of the project plan. Plans, schedules, coordinates, and manages business activities and resources required to deliver project solutions.
2. Works with business clients, Retail Investor Group, Institutional, Corporate and IT Management to determine the scope, requirements and solutions for projects. Works with identified stakeholders in planning and implementing the conversion of both system software solutions and non-technology initiatives. Will run concurrent projects of varying scope and impact.
3. Communicates progress, issues, and solutions to senior management and business clients to obtain their input or buy-in as appropriate. Provides written and oral communication to many different organizations and audiences within Vanguard on the status of the projects.
4. Leads and manages teams through a matrix or direct reporting structure. Hires, trains and develops the team as needed to meet project deliverables. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures as required. Evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards for those engaged in project, offers input to performance, provides feedback and recommends impact to the organization.
5. Participates in development of periodic business plans and budgets. Provides input and helps prepare cost/benefit analyses for all technology projects.
6. Controls aspects of the project involving change management, legal and compliance issues, client service, operations interfaces with legacy systems, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget and benefits measurement.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Business) or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years industry experience.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Vanguard funds and broker/dealer operations preferred, including understanding of SEC/FINRA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external partners,
- Demonstrated proficiency related to understanding control functions and reconciliation preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office).
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.