Enterprise Advice – Senior Investment Analyst
Malvern, PA, US
Charlotte, NC, US
January 17, 2019
Enterprise Advice is a new strategic pillar created to develop a set of advice-driven APIs that will power a host of solutions for individual investors, financial professionals, and institutional segments. Together with related Enterprise Advice partners, we will launch a global set of advice-driven capabilities that are consumed through a centralized cloud-based deployment.
Specifically, the Enterprise Advice Methodology Implementation team is focused on working with various stakeholders to translate theoretical financial planning research into consumable methodologies that can be deployed into flexible technology solutions. Here, you will leverage investment expertise and pair deep investment acumen with project management skills to enhance our Enterprise Advice offerings while considering the practical application as it relates to technology and process development.
This exciting role includes:
* The opportunity to participate in the intersection of business, technology, and investment acumen disciplines.
* Engagement with a diverse host of stakeholders (Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics teams, Investment Strategy Group (ISG), Enterprise Advice Methodology Research, Agile development teams).
* The opportunity to play a critical role in building out the next generation software based on proprietary methodologies, strategic business planning, and market intelligence/competitor landscape.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the applications and approaches of investments and portfolio construction in Enterprise Advice methodology. Uses this in depth knowledge to support our business partners and clients.
- Takes ownership of the development and implementation of specific enhancements to the investment methodology used in Vanguard’s Enterprise Advice offerings by performing detailed investment analysis, contributing investment expertise and project management abilities.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Enterprise Advice’s business objectives as well as relevant industry and competitor developments, offers ideas to improve our methodology as a result.
- Builds strategic working relationships with regional methodology development and product engineering teams to gather the necessary input and support on project planning, project analysis, and resourcing. Assumes ownership of projects from ideation through delivery and moves viable ideas to execution.
- Supports investment related change management initiatives by assisting with the training of advisors and managers as necessary.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external business partners to inform the development and enhancement of Personal Advisor’s investment methodology.
- Supports Enterprise Advice investment methodology business and project planning. Provides input into the development of key methodology implementation team initiatives.
- Serves as a mentor and coach to less-tenured crew and contributes to their development.
- Participates in and/or leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of investment analysis and/or related experience.
- Progress towards a related higher educational or professional designation (e.g., MBA, CFP or CFA) preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills related to investment analysis and general financial planning principles.
- Superior desktop computing skills including Microsoft Office (with particular emphasis on Excel), database capabilities, and other analytical applications. Experience with MATLAB or other statistical programming languages a plus.
- In depth understanding of spreadsheet capabilities including, utilization of statistical formulas and charting functionality. FactSet and/or Bloomberg experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, both as part of a team as well as individually.
This roles requires:
- Investment acumen and a baseline understanding of financial planning methodologies
- An interest in detailed analysis and modeling- but we can teach you the tools
- An interest in technical developments – but coding not required
- Natural curiosity
- Creation of strategic approaches to methodology validation
- Multi-project coordination with communication with related stakeholders
- Ability to foresee methodology implications and dependencies, and address/escalate accordingly
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.